Photographs taken during sightseeing tours traveling around Crimean peninsula by professional guide, driver, and photographer Arthur Lookyanov
View from the motorway in the southeast of the Crimean peninsula on the mountain landscape with vegetation, trees and vineyards, blue sky with clouds on a beautiful summer sunny day. It is the place between the villages of Morskoye and Privetnoye, not far from the Black Sea coast, between the two large cities of Sudak and Alushta.
Photo #027 taken on August 19, 2019
View from Yuzhnoberezhnoye Shosse (South Coast Highway) near Gurzuf on the white clouds hovering over the Black Sea.
Photo #251 taken on September 14, 2013
Quick stop on a serpentine road in mountains to overview a valley near the famous Crimean Mountain Demerdzhi in Alushta covered with clouds and fog.
Photo #406 taken on May 06, 2017
Crimean seascape with a nice seagull flying over Gurzuf Bay (town settlement near Yalta) under impressive white clouds over the Black sea.
Photo #103 taken on September 15, 2013
A small yacht is sailing the Black Sea before the storm on in bay of Gurzuf, south coast of Crimea.
Photo #086 taken on September 15, 2013 from a terrace of a local restaurant “Salambo” located on the beach about 16 m (52 ft) above sea level.
View from Baidarsky Pass on the Church of Christ's Resurrection raising on the Red Cliff (Krasnaya Skala) over the low clouds at Foros settlement on the Black Sea in a spring season. The magnificent church, that combines Rastrelliesque Baroque, Russian Revival, and Byzantine Revival styles, was built in 1892 by the project of Russian architect Nikolai Chagin on the abrupt 400-meter (1312 ft) cliff. Alexander Kuznetsov, the Moscow merchant and the Russian "tea king" who had his palace built on the seashore, commissioned Nikolai Chagin, the celebrated architect from Wilno, to built the church of Christ's Resurrection in memory of the miraculous rescue of Emperor Alexander III and his family in 1888 train crash in the Borki, on the way to St. Petersburg. The temple is notable for its luxurious exterior and picturesque interior.
Founded and named by medieval Greek merchants, Foros settlement was rediscovered in the late 19th century by Alexander Kuznetsov. It is located at the most Southern coast of Crimean Peninsula, in the middle between Yalta and Sevastopol.
Photo #593 taken on May 05, 2017
Evening view from the observation platform at Staroye Svestopolskoye Shosse (Old Sevastopol Highway) on the Church of Christ's Resurrection rising on the high Red Cliff over covered with low clouds (fog) the Black Sea in the twilight. A car light trail on the curved mountain road to the church gives an additional touch to this landscape composition.
Photo #802 taken on May 05, 2017