Photographs taken during sightseeing tours traveling around Crimean peninsula by professional guide, driver, and photographer Arthur Lookyanov
A small waterfall in the Grand Canyon filling the deep natural bath Kara-gol formed by Auzun-Uzen river (stream). The river flows at the bottom of the Canyon with multitude of blocks and boulders, forms over hundred of 2-3 meter deep erosive cauldrons and gullies that look like porcelain sinks. These are so called baths. Kara-gol is the largest natural font, located on the road from Yalta to the peak of Ai-Petri. Even in extreme heat, the water temperature in the font nicknamed “Bath of Youth” does not exceed 11-12 degrees. Kara-gol has an average diameter of about 5 meters, or rather, the bath is almost rectangular, 3 by 6 meters and a depth of 6 meters. From a ledge, 3 meters high, jets of a very pretty waterfall flow into it. The parameters of the "bath" completely allow those who wish to dive from a towering stone ledge without fear of injury. But the waterfall is just the appearance of filling the font. In fact, water enters the small mountain lake from a spring that does not dry during the hottest time, and is 150 meters higher from the ground.
Photo #693 taken on May 04, 2017
The spring landscape of the upper plateau of Mount Ai-Petri overlooking the huge white balls of the radar complex on the top of the Bedene-Kır mountain. Bedene-Cyr in Turkic means Quail Mountain.
White patches of unmelted snow on the plateau at a height about 1,2 km above sea level are still visible on the plateau surface. The complex of radar stations (RLS) is located on the top of Bedene-Cyr (Quail ) Mountain and is classified as “secret”. It is the highest plateau's peak of 1334 meters above sea level.
Photo #331 taken on May 04, 2017
View from Livadia park on the home church of Romanov’s family with a small old style belfry at the side of their palace, the royal summer residence in Crimea, framed by trees in a foggy spring day. The Christian Orthodox Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross was constructed in 1864-66 by the project of Russian architect Ippolit Monighetti and connected with Livadia Palace.
Photo #084 taken on May 05, 2017