The Church of St. Nicholas of Myra was built in 2007 near Malorechenskoye village, Alushta, Republic of Crimea, and became a part of the Memorial Complex "In Memory of the Dead on the Waters" opened on May 7, 2009. The unique memorial and architectural complex is a tribute to the memory of sailors, fishermen, and travelers who became victims of accidents on the water, as well as an eternal symbol of the unity of the earthly and heavenly life of each person.
Sculpture of the woman-sphinx with a ball at the facade of Massandra Palace, a suburb of Yalta, Crimea. The palace was built at the end of 19th century in the style of Louis XIII of France (French chateaux of the Renaissance) and belonged to Russian Emperor Alexander III.
Photo #227 taken on May 02, 2017
The family portrait of Romanovs in the White Hall was presented to Livadia Palace by the Crimean Prosecutor Natalya Poklonskaya on July 12, 2016. Commissioned by the head of the prosecutor's office of Crimea, the historical portrait of Nicholas II with his wife and kids measuring 1.6 by 2 meters was painted within 2 months by Oksana Kairo, the Crimean artist from Yalta.
Photo #094 taken on August 14, 2019, during a tour of Livadia Palace with my dear clients from Hong Kong, Esther, and Ricky on the 4th day of the adventure trip “Discovering Crimea in 6 Days”.
Bust of Russian Emperor Alexander III (years of life 1845-1894) at the Massandra Palace in Crimea. During Alexander’s reign (1881-1894) the country was not involved in major wars, so that is why he was called by all people of Russia "The Peacemaker". He was a man of amazing fortitude, beauty, and harmony, courage and devotion to his Fatherland.
The grand opening ceremonial and consecration of the bust took place on the grounds of the former estate of Alexander III in Massandra on June 1st, 2017. The event was timed to such anniversaries as 175 years since the birth of the palace architect Maximilian Mesmacher, 135 years since the founding of the Imperial Orthodox Palestinian Society and 25 years since the beginning of the work of the Massandra Palace as a museum.
Photo #027 taken on August 13, 2019 during visiting Massandra Palace with my Dear clients from Hong Kong, Esther and Ricky on the 3rd day of the adventure trip “Discovering Crimea in 6 Days”.
The bronze composition dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the meeting of the leaders of the anti-Hitler coalition countries, Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, weighing about 10 tons, was created by the prominent Russian sculptor and architect Zurab Tsereteli.
The monument was established on February 5, 2015 with the support of the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Crimea - Novoselskaya A.V. and the Head of Administration of Yalta - Rostenko A.O.
The "Big Three" - British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, US President Franklin Roosevelt and Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR Joseph Stalin - met in the royal palace in Livadia from February 4 to 11, 1945 at the Yalta Conference in Crimea. It was the World War II meeting of the allied leaders for the purpose of discussing Europe's postwar reorganization.
Photo #825 taken on May 05, 2017
Angle view on the monument to Alexander III, emperor of Russia from 1881 to 1894, the Russian Tsar who strove to maintain peace in Europe, which earned him the moniker of "Peacemaker", in the park of the Livadia Palace, outskirts of Yalta, Crimea. President of Russia Vladimir participated in the unveiling ceremony for the monument on November 18, 2017. The impressive four-meter-tall bronze monument was designed by sculptor Andrei Kovalchuk, head of the Artists’ Union, People’s Artist of Russia, and created at a plant in the Urals. Alexander III is presented as sitting on a tree stump, dressed in military uniform and resting on his sword, with a stele behind him topped with a double-headed eagle. An inscription at the bottom of the monument repeats his alleged saying “Russia has only two allies: the Army and the Navy.”
Photo #021 taken on August 14, 2019
Bronze bust of Anton Pavlovich Chekhov created by talented Soviet sculptor Julian Mitrofanovich Rukavishnikov on display in a living room of the house-museum “Dacha Chekhova” in Gurzuf.
Photo #079 taken on September 10, 2013
Porcelain sculpture of the main characters from the novel of Anton Pavlovich Chekhov “Three Sisters” created by sculptor Brzezinskaya A.D. on display in the house-museum “Dacha Chekhova” in Gurzuf, Crimea.
Photo #062 taken on September 10, 2013
Mind-blowing icon of Our Lady of Kazan from the church of St. Nicholas of Wonderworker of Myra in Malorechenskoye village (near Alushta) created by talented artist Vladimir Denshchikov using his own technique of “netting-macramé-collage”. Only linen is used in the process and each painstaking handwork takes for almost six months (and some even longer). Just imagine, the thickness of this is no more than 2 mm, and all the narrow parts are without tools and machines. Each of many great works of the master of the new type of iconography consists of more than 8 million knots.